City Metropolitan Customer Experience
- Acquire knowledge and skills through convenient and friendly service
- Are attended by passionate and caring staff who are knowledgeable in adapting to your requirements
- Receive relevant and timely information and learning materials thus achieving the best possible outcome for you.
Student Support Services Available
During the student’s programme of study, the students will be informed and provided with:
- Help in making further decisions about their future learning needs in light of outcomes achieved/ anticipated.
- Access to career guidance for up to one year from the completion of their studies.
Student support services for international students include:
- Assistance in adaption to the local environment or seeking other support services. For example, general or specialist health services (physiological, dental, mental), drug/ alcohol abuse education, problem gambling, sexuality education, etc.
- Advice or services on accommodation options.
- Close collaboration with guardians for students not exceeding 18 years of age to help them with living and studying in Singapore.
Facilities and programmes that the College provides for students to enrich their educational experience include:
- Study areas
- Beverage machine
- Wireless internet connection
- Computer room
- Health promotion programmes
- Financial assistance scheme
- Assistance to disadvantaged students (e.g. those with physical and/or learning disabilities)
- Academic assistance to students (e.g. language programmes, extra remedial classes)
Pastoral counselling services include:
- Providing emotional support for students to help them cope with mental stress relating to a new environment or course demands.
- Implementing programmes to create a culture and climate of care, trust and friendliness that encourage student attendance and involvement, etc.
- A team of counsellors (with relevant qualifications and counselling experience) to provide counselling to students when necessary.
- Singapore Anti-Narcotics Association (SANA): 1800 – 733 4444
- Samaritans of Singapore (SOS): 1800 – 221 4444
- Teen Challenge: 6346 9332
National Council on Problem Gambling
An Introduction to Problem Gambling
- The Winning Phase The person starts gambling as a social pastime, experiences the euphoria of winning and this fuels further gambling behaviour.
- The Losing Phase In this phase the gambler starts to lose control, become impulsive and win back losses. If losses accumulate, the gambler will lie and cover up to escape detection.
- The Desperation Phase At this phase, life spins out of control as losses become unmanageable. Gamblers feel powerless, remorseful and desperate.
Seeking Help for Problem Gambling
National Council on Problem Gambling Helpline 1800-6-668-668
Family Service Centres Helpline 1800-838-0100
The Samaritans of Singapore’s Hotline 1800-221-4444
Ray of Hope Hotline 1800-7867-669
We Care Community Services www.wecare.org.sg Tel: 6471-5346
The National Addictions Management Service
Address: Buangkok Green Medical Park, 10 Buangkok View, Singapore 539747. NAMS Specialist Outpatient Clinic C, Basement, Block 9.
- Prospective Students
- Guide to living in Singapore
- Private Edcuation Industry Regulation Framework
- The City Metropolitan Experience
- Selection & Admission
- Standard PEI-Contract
- Guide for Choosing a Private Education Institution (PEI) in Singapore
- Why Choose City Metropolitan College
- Academic Calendar
- Pre-course Counselling
- Student's Pass Application
- General Legal from Government Agencies
- Students Must Know
- On Arrival in Singapore
- Our Testimonials